Information We Collect
- Account Information: If you sign up for or authenticate into an account with us, we may collect information that you provide to us in connection with setting up the account, such as your username, name, email address and, for an account you authenticate into, role. Further, in the course of using your account, you may provide us with additional information through your communications with us.
- Information from Third Parties: We may receive information related to your use of our Vendor websites and services, including your username, name, email address, shipping address and your interaction with our Vendor. Common examples include signing up for an event or requesting shipment of a product from us. From time to time, we may also receive contact enrichment information from third parties.
- Hosted Data: In using your account, you may upload data to us via Urban SDK Studio, Urban SDK Dashboard Builder, our Data Hub ("Hosted Data") so that Urban SDK can host it for you as part of providing our Services. We delete Hosted Data upon your request, however, due to our highly available, distributed implementation of our hosting solution, artifacts of Hosted Data may remain on Urban SDK systems after you delete the file in your account. We will delete those artifacts in accordance with our standard platform maintenance practices after we either receive a specific request from you to delete the Hosted Data artifacts (along with sufficient information to identify which data you want to ensure are deleted) or we receive a request from you to delete your account.
- Feedback: You and/or your end users may provide us with feedback regarding our Services (e.g., in the form of email, suggestions for how to improve our maps, etc). We do not delete this information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Account Information: We use the account information we collect to provide our Services to you, to maintain your accounts, and to process your transactions. This information is necessary for us to provide the Services to you. We may combine account information with data we receive from other sources. We also may use certain information, such as your email address, to help you by telling you about new Urban SDK products or features that may be of interest to you and by providing you with examples of how Urban SDK products and services can be used. We have a legitimate interest in improving and marketing our Services. If you receive promotional emails from Urban SDK, you can opt out by following the instructions in those emails.
- Payment Information: We use payment information solely for billing purposes, which is necessary to provide the Services.
- Information from Third Parties: We may use the information you provide to our Vendors in connection with the event or transaction (including shipments and deliveries), to improve our Services, and to provide you with information about our Services and/or the event or transaction. In addition, from time to time we obtain data from contact enrichment providers for sales and marketing purposes. We have a legitimate interest in improving and marketing our Services and certain data collection is necessary in order to provide the Services. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time.
- Hosted Data: We use Hosted Data to provide our Services to you.
- Feedback: We may use the feedback that you provide for any purpose, including improving our Services. We have a legitimate interest in improving our Services for the benefit of all of our users.
When We Share the Information We Collect With Third Parties
- In General: We are a global company and may transfer your information outside of the country where you live. However, we will not transfer personal information outside of the European Union unless the recipient is subject to suitable contractual safeguards to ensure that the personal information is processed in accordance with EU law. For more information, please email us at privacy@Urban SDK.com.
- Account Information and Information from Third Parties: We may share your account information and information we receive from third parties with our service providers (e.g., hosted infrastructure providers) who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf.
- Payment Information: We may disclose Payment Information to (a) our payment provider, Stripe, as described above in the “Information We Collect” section, (b) billing and accounting service providers acting on our behalf and (c) in connection with “Rare and Limited Disclosures” described below.
- Website Logs and Cookies: We share information about your device and interaction with our website with our service providers that host our website and provide marketing and analytics services to us. Certain marketing and analytics services that integrate directly into our website may collect information about your device, browser, and interaction with our websites (including by placing third-party cookies on your browser or other similar technologies). We do not control how these third parties use or share this information, which is subject to their privacy policies.
- Feedback: We may share your feedback with third parties, including our third-party suppliers and partners who help us provide the Services.
- Rare and Limited Disclosures: We may share information in our possession in response to a request if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process. For more information, see “Law Enforcement and Transparency,” below.
Furthermore, we may share information in our possession if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms of service, detect, prevent, or otherwise address threats to our platform, or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Urban SDK, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Finally, we may also share the information we collect in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share information among our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
Your Choices About What We Do with the Information We Collect
- Account and Payment Information: Certain account information is optional, and you may choose not to provide it to Urban SDK. Note that some of this account and payment information is necessary for related Services to function properly – for example, if you do not provide payment information, you cannot take advantage of features that require payment.
- Website Logs and Cookies: You may delete cookies from your computer, and most browsers provide the option to block cookies. Note that if you block cookies placed by us (first party cookies), portions of our Services, including our website, may not work as intended. However, your access to our websites should not be affected if you disable third-party cookies placed by third parties that manage marketing and analytics aspects of our website.
- Questions. If you have any questions about how to limit the disclosure and/or use of your personal information to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Access to and Control of the Information We Collect
- Account Information, Hosted Data, and Payment Information: You may correct or change certain account information in the account pages we’ve made available to you, and you may update, correct or delete other Account Information, Hosted Data or Payment Information that you have provided to us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or to protect our rights and property.
- Website Logs, Cookies: We temporarily retain IP addresses for security and accounting purposes. Given the temporary nature of this storage, it is generally not feasible for us to provide access to IP addresses or the logs associated with them.
- Feedback: You may request that we update, correct or delete any feedback that you have provided to us by emailing us at email@example.com, however we may have deleted or anonymized the feedback you had previously provided to us in a way that makes it infeasible for us to associate a particular piece of feedback with a particular user.
Your rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
California consumers have the following rights:
- to not receive discriminatory treatment by Urban SDK for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA;
- to request to know the personal information Urban SDK has about you. You may access personal information associated with your Urban SDK account, such as username, email address, and associated account activity by logging into your Urban SDK account. If you do not have a Urban SDK account, it will not be possible for Urban SDK to verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty to permit disclosure of specific pieces of information, as Urban SDK only has limited personal information about non-account holders; and
- to request deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by Urban SDK.
In order to submit a verifiable consumer request to delete your information, you must do the following:
- If you have a Urban SDK account, login to your Urban SDK account, go to Settings, and click “Delete account” and follow the instructions. Urban SDK uses your request while you are logged in to verify that you are the account holder. If you do not login to your Urban SDK account to make this request, information associated with your Urban SDK account will not be deleted.
- You may, without logging into your Urban SDK account, request deletion of your email address and associated personal information (if any) through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Urban SDK will email you a confirmation link at the email you provide in order to verify the request. You must click on this confirmation link in the verification email Urban SDK sends you to verify the email belongs to you before Urban SDK can process your request. A request through this form will only request to delete personal information from non-account-related sources (such as the list of emails we send newsletters to). To delete account-related information, you must login to your Urban SDK account to verify your identity.
- If you believe Urban SDK has any personal information about you that is not account-related and not an email address and associated information, please email Urban SDK at email@example.com describing in detail the information you believe Urban SDK has and how you believe Urban SDK obtained it. Please note that without an email address, it may not be possible for Urban SDK to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty to locate or delete any information.
Urban SDK Security Policy
Urban SDK shall provide the Services in accordance with the terms and conditions regarding data security set forth herein, as well as in accordance with all applicable laws relating to data privacy and security. Urban SDK shall also cooperate and use best efforts to comply with any requests or instructions issued by any governmental or regulatory authority in respect of Customer Confidential Information and personally identifiable information within the Customer Data (collectively, the “Protected Data”). Urban SDK shall provide to Customer a summary copy of Urban SDK’s written information security program and plan upon request, and will continue to supply Customer with material updates to this program and plan.
Urban SDK will establish and maintain appropriate electronic, physical and organizational security procedures, measures and controls to guard against the destruction, loss, unauthorized access or disclosure, usage or alteration of Protected Data in the possession of Urban SDK, that are no less rigorous than those maintained by Urban SDK for its own information of a similar nature. Urban SDK shall use commercially reasonable efforts designed to ensure that Protected Data will be accessible by only the individuals involved in the provision, development, production and support of the Services; and (iii) any inadvertent disclosure or discovered potential risk of unauthorized access will be communicated promptly to Customer to the extent permitted by law. Urban SDK agrees to not sell, provide, distribute, or make available Protected Data to any third party, with the exception of law enforcement or regulatory authorities upon requirements. Protected Data will not be used for any purpose outside of the scope of this Agreement. Urban SDK agrees to hold all Customer data and Confidential Information exclusively in the United States of America.
Urban SDK has implemented and maintains information security practices designed to meet the following objectives:
- Access controls to authenticate and permit access only to authorized individuals and controls to prevent employees from providing Protected Data to unauthorized individuals who may seek to obtain this information through fraudulent means;
- Access restrictions at physical locations containing Protected Data, such as buildings, computer facilities, and records storage facilities to permit access only to authorized individuals;
- Encryption of electronic Protected Data while in transit and while in storage;
- Segregation of duties, and new hire employee background checks for employees with responsibilities for or access to Protected Data;
- Response programs that specify actions to be taken when Urban SDK or a customer suspects or detects that unauthorized individuals have gained access to Urban SDK information systems, including appropriate reports to regulatory and law enforcement agencies; and
- Appropriate technological measures including data leakage prevention tools to monitor and control the movement of Protected Data through email, internet and personal storage devices and to protect against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure; and
Upon discovery, Urban SDK agrees to notify Customer of any unauthorized disclosure, access to, or misuse of Protected Data (“Breach”) and confirm receipt by Customer as soon as possible, but in no event shall such notification and confirmed receipt by the Customer by later than 24 hours following discovery of the Breach. Unless Urban SDK has used secure communication channels, such notification shall not contain any Protected Data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Urban SDK may delay notification of a Breach if a law enforcement agency determines that such notification will impede a criminal investigation; such notification will then occur promptly after the law enforcement agency determines that it will not compromise the investigation.
Notification to Customer of a Breach is to be made by phone and electronically via email. Neither party may delay or interfere with any required notification of clients, consumers, regulatory agencies, or law enforcement of such a discovered or suspected incident, except as explicitly requested by involved law enforcement agencies.
Notification shall include the nature of the information lost or disclosed, how the loss or disclosure happened, the identity of all customers or consumers potentially affected, the status of any internal or regulatory or law enforcement investigation, and any actions taken or required by either party to stop or limit any significant harm or inconvenience to the Customer or any affected customers or consumers. Each party shall remain responsible for notification of its own customers, regulators, and law enforcement agencies of any such discovered or suspected Breaches required by laws applicable to such party and this Agreement.
No Unauthorized Access
Except in connection with providing the Services, Urban SDK will not access Customer’s data, computing systems and/or networks without Customer’s express authorization and any such actual or attempted access shall be in accordance with the written authorization provided by Customer. Under no circumstances shall Urban SDK personnel or contractors operate any electrical or mechanical device controlling any part of the equipment of any Customer facility except with the explicit permission of an authorized Customer representative. Unless authorized by Customer in advance and in writing, Urban SDK and its employees shall not load or use any software products or materials within Customer’s systems or environments. Urban SDK shall take all necessary steps to ensure that its personnel comply with this provision, and that, to the extent any personnel has access to Customer’s systems or environments, all of its employees are instructed to conform to Customer’s reasonable requirement.
Urban SDK Personnel
All Urban SDK employees, independent contractors, and sub-contractors providing Services to Customer or with access to the premises, records or data of Customer shall have been screened by the Urban SDK and subjected to detailed pre-employment background checks (including federal, state and county of residence criminal background checks). Urban SDK shall not knowingly permit any Urban SDK employee or contractor to have access to the premises, records or data of Customer when such person has been convicted of a crime in connection with a dishonest act or a breach of trust.